After attending the 2020 National Highschool Leadership Conference, I think that it was a very interesting lesson. I learned many new terms and concepts. My favourite workshop was the second one about business investments. Some things I learned from that workshop were:
- Time value of money and compounding
- Risk return trade-off
- Basics of Financial Numbers
- What is stock price and stock value
- How to pick stocks
- Paypal Example
- Recommend Interesting Books
- Buy good businesses not bad businesses
- Buy at a reasonable price
I really liked that workshop as it talked about commodities, real estate, stocks, and cash. The workshop was beneficial, and it would definitely help me in real life.
Overall, the NHLC was actually very fun and educational, and I would definitely recommend it to a peer.